The video below which is going viral on social media is getting some very nasty comments from the hardcore self proclaimed feminists. However, this comes as a fresh breath of air, where someone in position of authority, has dared to question the perpetual victimhood of women demanding freebies.
Here’s What Happened!
Harjot Kaur Bamhrah, a senior IAS officer and also the chairperson-cum-MD of Women and Child Development Corporation (WCDC) was attending a workshop titled ‘Sashakt Beti, Samriddh Bihar’ (Strong Daughters, Prosperous Bihar), held in Patna on Tuesday.
The event was organised by the Bihar Women and Child Development Corporation in partnership with UNICEF.
In the video below, one of the girls on the dais can be heard saying,
Can the government give us sanitary napkins at Rs 20-30?
To this Bamhrah replies,
Is there any end to such demand? Tomorrow you can ask for jeans, then beautiful shoes and finally when it comes to family planning, you can say the government should give condoms too.
The girl felt humiliated with this response and retaliated by saying that…“we won’t vote for you in the next elections”…
To this, Bamhrah responded,
Bewakoofi ki intaha hai! Nahin, nahin mat do tum vote (You don’t need to vote. It’s the height of stupidity)!
Bamhrah in her address had advised the girls to be “self-dependent to break the gender barriers” adding “various schemes of the state government are aimed at the elimination of gender disparity”.
After the video went viral, Bamhrah claimed that her remarks were not meant to demean the girls. She has alleged defamation against a local Hindi newspaper who put out this malicious report against her, reported The Print.
In her letter to the Press Council of India, Bamhrah wrote,
The report was false and malicious and aimed at defaming me. I am a woman myself and have been serving as an administrative officer for the past 30-years. I have been at the forefront when it comes to rights of girl children.
- You would have come across clickbait headlines by almost every portal on this video, slamming the IAS officer
- However, in our opinion, the IAS officer was absolutely correct to question the need of demanding freebies
- On one side, women empowerment champions want to claim equality for girls/women, and on other hand, also want privileges in the name of being Girl Child
- Unless India comes out of this victimhood mentality for young women, we will be perceived as a patriarchal society even in 3022
- Its time women walk the talk if they want to be equal in the real sense
- VFMI does not support any comments such as ‘go to Pakistan’, because that may defeat the purpose of our argument on Gender Privilege
- Certainly, the tone of the rebuttal could also have been softer and avoid references to condoms, etc.
Meanwhile, taking cognizance of the “shameful remarks”, the National Commission for Women (NCW) said it has sought a written explanation from Bamhrah within seven days.
WATCH VIDEO | IAS Officer Slammed For Questioning Constant Need Of Freebies Demanded By Women | Share Your Comments?
— Voice For Men India (@voiceformenind) September 29, 2022
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank