The Mumbai police has booked a 40-year-old woman over charges of sexually assaulting her husband’s minor relative. This case is unique since on earlier occasion, it was the accused woman who claimed to be victim herself.
A 40-year-old woman lives with her husband at Tardeo in Mumbai. Her husband’s relative (teenager) from Uttar Pradesh had shifted to their home a couple of months ago and was staying with the couple.
As per a report by TOI, last month the woman filed a complaint of criminal offence against this boy, claiming that he had sexually assaulted her in their home. At this point in time, the woman stated the boy’s age to be 20.
Soon, the boy was arrested on charges of rape. However, during investigation, it turned out that the boy was only 16-years-old and thus the case took a different turn. The minor was sent off to the children’s remand home.
Subsequently, the boy’s mother came to Mumbai from Uttar Pradesh and now lodged a criminal offence complaint against the woman, accusing her of sexually assaulting her minor son.
The Tardeo police has registered the case against the woman under various sections of the POCSO Act.
POCSO Act is Gender Neutral
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act was passed in the year 2012 to protect all children against sexual offences. The POCSO Act is gender-neutral and guards children against sexual exploitation and abuse, irrespective of their gender.
The Act defines all minors as “children” (individuals under the age of eighteen) regardless of their gender. The POCSO Act recognises sexual offences, including but not limited to sexual assault, molestation, and child pornography.
Voice For Men India Note:
- As a society, it is our moral duty to educate and protect all children against heinous crimes, that can impact their lives negatively forever
- While we as parents do our best to enlighten our daughters against good touch bad touch, it is also absolutely important to teach our sons about sexual violation of their body parts
- In most situations, children do not speak up about such instances even when they are aware of the wrong doings happening with them
- Where the perpetrators are family members, children are often threatened with dire consequences if they reveal details
- As parents, please have open conversations with your children irrespective of their gender
- If you are made aware of such crimes with your children, please do not brush it under the carper due to ‘shame’ or ’embarrassment’ in society
- Approach authorities at once for legal justice and mental/physical healing of your child
MUST WATCH INTERVIEW:
My 13-Year-Old Son Was Falsely Accused By His Female Classmate | Mother Speaks Up
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW:
#POCSO Act Is Gender Neutral | Mumbai Police Books 40-Year-Old Woman For Sexually Assaulting Husband's Minor Relative
— Voice For Men India (@voiceformenind) December 1, 2023
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank