Women are unsafe in India and so are the Men! Utterly Shameful Incident coming from Kolkata.
- A 17-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised in a moving car by six men known to him after they forcibly picked him up, the city police said on Wednesday
- The incident occurred in Khidderpore area when the victim was returning home from work on Monday night
- The six were also charged with snatching away Rs 17,000 and a silver chain from the minor
- Police arrested one of the accused while others are absconding, a senior police officer said
- As reported by PTI, the victim alleged that the torture continued for over an hour after which he was pushed out of the vehicle
- When taken to a nearby nursing home, doctors confirmed that the minor victim was sodomised
- He had several bruise marks and deep cuts on different parts of his body
According to the IPS officer,
The accused six were known to the minor boy. They forcibly took the victim inside the vehicle they were riding and sexually assaulted him.
We have started an investigation and arrested one of the accused. A search for five others has been initiated. All have been booked under the IPC and the POCSO Act.
Boys are equally vulnerable to such heinous crimes. While in this case, the boy being a minor will be protected under the Women and Child Ministry (WCD), there is no Commission For An Adult Man if he faces such atrocity. It’s high time government must set up a committee that will look into the welfare of men and stop discriminating crimes on basis of gender.
Unlike women empowerment groups, who never acknowledge crimes by women, we as Men’s Rights supporters, strongly demand strictest action on any gender, be it male or female if they are proven guilty.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank