Fed up of threats of false cases by wife, a man in Madhya Pradesh chose to murder his spouse and go to jail himself. This is a very dangerous trend and certainly not an encouragement for any man or woman. However, such extreme steps by the husband shows us how they are choosing jail over constant harassment and intimidation by wife.
- Raksha Bai was married to Sanjay on April 29, 2017 and the couple has one and a half year old daughter
- According to the husband, the wife used to constantly be on phone after marriage, to which he had raised objections
- Raksha on the other hand, had threatened Sanjay that if he did not allow her to continue her mobile chats, she would commit suicide and falsely implicate his entire family in harassment and abetment to suicide cases
- Later, the woman left her matrimonial home just within four months and returned to her parent’s residence
- Post this Raksha filed a case of domestic violence in the court and got awarded Rs 5,000 per month
- After mediation by the Lok Adalat (local court) in November 2019, the couple decided to reunite and the wife returned to Sanjay’s home
- Despite this, the fights did not end between the two
The husband was doubting the woman constantly, because she still did not give up her conversations on mobile phone. But this time Sanjay was worried that if he objected again to her behaviour, she would kill herself and his parents and siblings would be sent to jail.
The couple were working in the field one afternoon, when the wife once again received calls. At this point, Sanjay asked her to hang up and the duo had a fight on the same. In a fit of rage, Sanjay picked up his sickle and murdered the woman. Raksha died on the spot.
Post this, the man himself dialed number 100 and confessed his crime to the police.
The accused has no regrets whatsoever after killing his wife. He says,
If she would have committed suicide, my entire family would have been ruined, however, I am convinced that the same will not happen now.
The above news article in no way must be cheered, however, our system should wake up and realise how men are finding it easy to end the fear of daily harassment from wives, at the cost of ruining their own lives.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank