A Delhi court has awarded life imprisonment to the wife of a restaurant owner and two others for killing him in West Delhi”s Moti Nagar area in 2011. Additional Sessions Judge Samar Vishal awarded life imprisonment to Arvinder Kaur, Sant Saran Nehra and Mridul Dixit for murdering Virender Sachdeva by inflicting about 55 stab injuries on him.
- Kaur had said in her complaint that on the intervening night of September 20 and 21, 2011, she saw two men in her room when she woke up
- One man, who had a pointed object in his hands, was holding her while the other was restraining her husband, the complaint stated
- It further said that one of them hit her head against a wall due to which she fell unconscious
- When she regained consciousness, she saw that her husband was lying in a pool of blood
- Thereafter, some of the neighbours heard her cries for help and rescued her
- Based on a complaint by Sachdeva”s wife, a case was registered in the matter
- However, during investigation, police scrutinised Kaur”s call records and found that she had herself planned the murder and arrested her
- Kaur, Nehra and Dixit were arrested on September 23, 2011
- The couple”s 13-year old daughter has been residing with her maternal grandparents since the incident and a case was pending between the maternal and paternal grandparents regarding her guardianship
- The deceased’s brother has filed a case for their daughter’s guardianship
ALSO READ –
The court said while two brutal robbers had inflicted 55 incised and 19 penetrating injuries to Virender Sachdeva, they left the eye witness that is her wife unharmed, more so when she had lost consciousness and she could have also been killed easily by the robbers.
During the hearing, Additional Public Prosecutor Santosh Kumar told the court that by committing the crime, Kaur has not only shaken the conscience of the society but also committed a serious breach of trust of her husband.
Counsel for the convicts had said that they were falsely implicated in the case.
The court had convicted the trio under sections 302 (murder), 201 (disappearance of evidence or giving false information), 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The court also imposed a fine of Rs 2 lakh on each of the convicts.
As per media report that was published in 2011, the police said the woman, Arvinder Kaur (33), revealed during questioning that the victim used to assault her on the suspicion that she was having relationships with other men. Kaur allegedly committed the crime with the help of her companion, Sant Saran Nehra (32), and Mridul Dixit (30).
ALSO READ –
Police said Kaur and Nehra, who owned a restaurant in Paharganj, met during a trip to Paonta Sahib, Himachal Pradesh, in 2009 and fell in love. While Kaur allegedly promised Nehra a large amount of money in return for killing her husband, Dixit was assured Rs 10 lakh for his assistance.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.