Since the past few days, there had been rumours about TMC MP Nusrat Jahan’s pregnancy. Recently, the lady politician flaunted her baby bump confirming that she is indeed expecting.
However, the controversy around the father of her child continues, since she has dismissed any relationship with her estranged husband Nikhil Jain. Her husband too had given a statement that confirming that there was no co-habitation with Nusrat since more than six months and he is not the father of this child.
In the photograph that has gone viral on social media, Nusrat can be seen in a white dress alongside Bengali actor Srabanti Chatterjee.
Nusrat & Nikhil had a fairytale wedding in Turkey in 2019. However, the relationship crumbled soon and Nusrat has now informed media that her marriage ceremony with Jain is ‘invalid’. Quoting Jahan, she recently claimed,
Being on foreign land, as per Turkish Marriage Regulation, the ceremony is invalid. Moreover, since it was an interfaith marriage, it requires validation under the Special Marriage Act in India, which did not happen. As per the court of law, it is not a Marriage, but a relationship or a live-in relationship. Thus, the question of divorce does not arise.
Nikhil Jain’s Statement
Nikhil Jain on the other hand slammed Nusrat’s statement and stated that she refused to register their marriage in India under Special Marriage Act, despite him repeatedly asking her to do same. He also alleged that her attitude towards him changed within a year. Jain said,
On November 5, 2020, she left my flat with bag and baggage along with her personal values, papers and documents and shifted to her Ballygunge flat and thereafter we never stayed together after being husband-and-wife. The rest of her personal belongings along with the documents (IT returns etc) were also sent to her shortly after her shifting.
- Many media channels have been running the Nusrat story, merely because they are probably enjoying good TRPs
- However, we want to raise a critical question with regards to the matrimonial laws in India
- Are they similar in spirit when it comes to rights of wife Vs rights of husband?
- Could a man flaunt his marriage pictures and then have a baby with another woman, without being officially divorced?
- Could a man just wash off his responsibility stating he was not legally liable since there was no registration of the marriage?
- On one hand, many women’s rights champions have come forward in support of married Nusrat and her privacy
- These same equal rights champions would ensure that a married man would be jailed if he dared to do so
- This is nothing to do with feminism or empowerment; this is to point out the hypocrisy and gender bias that Indian legal system permits in favour of women
I Requested Her To Get Marriage Registered Multiple Times But She Avoided All Requests – Nikhil Jain
TMC MP Nusrat Jahan’s Husband On Her Pregnancy Rumours | Marriage Has Fallen Apart, No Way Child Is Mine
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.