Divorce and separation can be very bitter at times. Most often, it becomes even worse, when children are kept away from one separated parent. Surely, no violence can ever be justified by either parent in such scenarios.
In a recent case reported from Mumbai, a man was arrested on charges of attempt to murder of his ex-wife.
Mohammad Rafiq Shaikh (38) was married to Parveen and the couple had one child.
As per a report by TOI, Shaikh and Parveen had got separated and the latter then married another man named Anand Harijan (28).
The former estranged couple had a dispute with regards to the custody of their child and on February 9, Shaikh visited Parveen’s home at Malwani in Mumbai where the matter escalated to an extent, that the estranged husband stabbed his former wife.
Attempt to Murder
According to the complaint filed by Harijan, Shaikh verbally abused Parveen after an argument. At around 6pm, he tried to strangulate her from behind and rained blows on her. Further, he used a pair of scissors to attack her on her face and neck. Parveen suffered injuries to her right cheek and neck, reported TOI.
Harijan rushed Parveen to a hospital.
The accused is unemployed and lives in Malwani. Shaikh has been arrested under Section 307 of IPC.
Voice For Men India Opinion
- It is very easy to blog & request estranged couples to maintain peace and balance with their children after divorce
- While ground realities may differ from case to case, spouses should not stop access between child and non-custodial parent, unless the latter is a convicted criminal or physically violent
- Even if the father is unemployed or financially unstable, this cannot be a reason to not allow him meet with his children
- Last month, we witnessed a horrific case where an AI start up founder Suchana Seth murdered her 4-year-old son in Goa because she did not want to allow communication between her child and her estranged husband
- Divorce is not taboo, and every single person has the right to choose their life partners even after a failed marriage
- However, if children are involved, spouses must come to a common arrangement, where nothing really changes in the upbringing of the kids, except for having their mom and dad in two different homes
Note: Voice For Men India in no way promotes or encourages any action that causes violence and harm, or that is against the law
“I Am Not A Kidnapper, I Am Just A Father Pleading To See My Son” | Manoj Dhankhar
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW:
#Mumbai Man Stabs Wife After Dispute Over Child Custody ; Arrested
— Voice For Men India (@voiceformenind) February 12, 2024
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank