A small yet significant ray of hope for people of Haryana. In a recent meeting held by the Director General of Police in the state with regards to Crimes Against Women, one of the topic of discussions was the misuse of anti-dowry law.
In the meeting, it was observed that many men and their families are implicated in false matrimonial complaints by women to settle score.
Shatrujit Kapoor, DGP Haryana, was holding a meeting with his senior police officers with regards to the harassment of women in the state. During the meeting, it came to light that in many cases, innocent people are being implicated in false dowry harassment complaints. Thus, keeping in mind with the current ground realities, the DGP has issued instructions to all police officers in the state to thoroughly investigate all cases filed under Section 498-A IPC before registering the case.
Accordingly, whenever a complaint will be filed by a married woman against her husband and in-laws, all facts will be thoroughly investigated. If the case is genuine, strict action will be taken against all culprits. According to Haryana police, this should bring a huge relief for many families that are innocent and those who are bearing the brunt of their son’s matrimonial dispute.
Crime Against Women Has Declined In Haryana
While going through the present NCRB 2022 report, it was noted that there has been 12% decline in crimes against women in the state.
Teams To Ensure Women Safety
The DGP further directed his officers to focus on all the areas where women felt unsafe. He asked the police personnel to form teams in their respective districts and visit main areas where reports of molestation were high.
The team formed in each district will be trained by experts to control crimes against women and children. Starting from Gurugram, female officers will visit schools and talk to women and girls to learn about their problems.
The officers will be given training in batches to deal with challenges faced in ensuring women safety in the state.
The Director General of Police also directed the Superintendents of Police to ensure adherence to lane driving by civilians in their respective jurisdictions. The department is also holding meetings with representatives of transport associations to provide necessary information in this aspect.
Voice For Men India Take:
- We wholeheartedly welcome Haryana police’s guidelines on investigation of all cases under Section 498-A IPC thoroughly before filing the FIR
- This should be done independently without any pressure from women rights NGOs or local groups, or lawyers representing the women
- In most cases, women are wrongly advised by lawyers to convert a normal matrimonial dispute (due to incompatibility) into a criminal case (domestic violence, cruelty, dowry harassment, unnatural sex, rape by in-laws) against husband and his family
- The logic behind this is to put maximum pressure on the man to either settle with alimony/property or to fall in line with all demands of the wife
- Of course, all cases are not false. Sadly, in India, we still have many genuine victims who are harassed by husband and in-laws on account of various reasons
- Thus, in the interest of protecting the real victim, it is most important for police to undertake proper investigation
- One also cannot overlook the other side, where the power solely rests in the hands of IO (Investigating Officer) and this could lead to cases of bribery and legal extortion of husbands
- While every dowry harassment case is a curse and blot on humanity, every false dowry case is equally shameful and demeaning to the plight of genuine victims
- To say the least, it cannot be expressed in words, what falsely accused men and their families go through for years during an impending trial under Section 498-A IPC
- Unfortunately, if the cases are found to be false and motivated, there is no conviction for the woman
Should I Inform My Employer About My 498-A Case? | Voice For Men India
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW:
▪️Crimes Against Women: It was noted many innocent people are implicated in false dowry complaints
— Voice For Men India (@voiceformenind) December 20, 2023
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank