The Manikpur police in Vasai have arrested a woman and her alleged lover for brutally assaulting her husband in an attempt to murder him.
- Bhavishya Buragoha hails from Assam and works in an IT company at Powai
- He married Christia in 2010; the two had a love marriage
- The husband alleged that his wife was having an affair with Satveer Naik alia Sarvar who worked at a small mall in Vasai
- When Bhavishya objected to the affair, the duo planned to eliminate him
- On Tuesday night, Christia and Satveer Naik allegedly poured boiling oil on Bhavishya and then tortured him in a bid to kill him
- Bhavishya’s neighbours, alerted by the commotion, informed the cops immediately
- The police rushed to their house in Vasai West and took the victim to JJ Hospital
- Bhavishya, 37, is said to be in a critical condition
- The victim claimed that his wife and her friend tied him up, poured hot on him, hit him with a hammer and gave him electric shocks
A police official told media that they found Bhavishya in a semi-nude condition and he was bleeding profusely.
There were several burn injuries all over his body and multiple wounds on his head.
The police have arrested the duo under Section 307 (attempt to murder) of Indian Penal Code. Senior inspector Rajendra Kamble from Manikpur police station said,
They started a heated argument with him when he raised an objection to Christia’s illicit relationship with Satveer. Later, they threw boiling oil on him and then tied his hands and legs with a rope and smeared red chilli powder on his face and eyes. They then started hammering his head with an intention to kill him.
The woman has refuted her husband’s allegations and told the police that her husband doubted her fidelity. According to the police,
She alleged that her husband would always beat her up and force her to demand money from Satveer. The couple have two minor children and shared the flat at Pratapgad Apartment with Satveer.
Meanwhile, the police have informed Bhavishya’s relatives to take custody of the kids.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.