We have several forums and avenues for married women, if they are being subjected to domestic violence or harassment from husbands and in-laws. However, if the same is happening the other way round, men in India are virtually finding it easy to attempt or commit suicide, since there is no commission for this gender that could give them a fair hearing.
- Guddu, a resident of Tikulipar locality in Bihar was married to his wife Poonam Devi in 2008
- According to the husband, his wife had been constantly harassing him and had also filed five FIRs in the local police station and Mahila (Lady) Police station
- Father of the husband is no more and his mother too is suffering from cancer
- After a series of torture, Guddu too decided to file a counter case of harassment against his wife in the same women’s police station
- After submitting the application, both the parties were summoned to the authorities on Thursday for a discussion, however, the husband consumed poison on reaching the mahila police thana
- He was instantly rushed to the hospital for treatment which luckily saved his life
- In a state of unconsciousness, the husband explained his grievance and pain to the police personnel
- Shockingly, Guddu told the police that he was poisoned by his wife, her father and other relatives
- The wife on the other hand is also accusing him of harassment
According to Mahila Police Station Senior Officer, Seema Kumari, the entire matter is being investigated.
ALSO READ –
Such cases make us question the one sided biased laws which have armed only the wives to decide when they want to dissolve the painful marriage. Often in our society, women choose to continue torturing the men, just because the wives do not want to live with the tag of a divorcee.
Harassed husbands on the other side, resort to extreme means to end their suffering due to a biased system supported by court of law and women centric approach.
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.