Charges of rape, sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and others, after a consented relationship going kaput, have become a tool of tactical pressure building by many women, who force men into marriage. Last weekend, a BPO employee from NCR has alleged sexual exploitation for the last six months by a senior employee of a private company on the pretext of marriage.
- The BPO employee, was a married woman from Uttarakhand and had filed a divorce petition in a court
- The woman claimed that the accused, Balmukund Mishra, also married, had told her that he had also filed a divorce plea in an Amritsar court
- According to the police, the 27-year-old woman came in contact with Mishra, a native of Amritsar, a year ago through a marriage portal
- Mishra, who also works in Gurugram, befriended her after a series of interactions over phone and WhatsApp
- Subhash Bokan, PRO of the Gurugram police confirmed that they mutually decided to enter into a live-in relationship and rented a flat in the New Palam Vihar area
- They stayed together between February and July this year
- As per the victim’s claims, their relationship went sour and Mishra started ignoring her in August after she started pressing him for marriage
- Mishra quit the arrangement in the last week of August and left the house
- The PRO added, when the girl contacted him over phone, Mishra allegedly abused her and threatened of dire consequences if she called again
- The woman then filed the complaint at the Bajghera police station
- SHO Deepak Kumar said the complaint had been registered under relevant section of the Indian Penal Code
Our Take :
- An adult married woman, without any pressure, chooses to get into a live-in relationship with another married man
- After living-in for six months, the man opts to back out from the alliance; the reasons are unknown
- The man’s choice has to be clearly respected in this case, just the way a woman’s choice would have been respected if she decided not to marry the man after a consensual relationship
- It is highly unfair for a woman to use rape/sexual harassment as a ‘tool’ if the outcome of the live-in relationship did not result the way she desired
- If the choice of living together (without marriage) whilst their respective divorce petitions were on-going was chosen by both adult individuals, the range of outcomes of this relationship may not necessarily be the way either of them decides
- If you want to live-in together mutually, you must be ready to part together mutually if things don’t fall in place
- Women should not use the gender card to merely force a man to marry them
- In a reverse, a man has no choice to file any case on a woman, if she dumps him after days/months of a mutual relationship
Due to ever rising cases after a fallout off a consented affair, Supreme Court has recently clearly spelt out “what is rape on pretext of marriage”.
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank