Domestic violence on women is real; but what is domestic violence on Men? Read on…A scuffle over a minor issue led to a elderly woman in Mumbai pour boiling water over her husband.
AA Dalvi, 65-year-old husband filed a police complaint against his 62-year-old wife Shainaz after she scalded him with boiling water over a trivial dispute. The couple who is a resident of Old MHB Colony in Borivali West, quarrelled a lot over various issues and often the arguments would become really heated. The husband has alleged that it is his wife who always initiates fights and their son too left the home couple of years ago after being fed up with them daily coming to blows. The neighbours too confirmed to the police that there were frequent fights between the couple.
On May 7, at around 5pm, Dalvi was sleeping in the living room when Sainaz started yelling at him. According to the husband, the woman wanted him to sleep in the bedroom instead of the hall and when he paid no heed to her tantrums, she abused him with the choicest words. When Dalvi asked her to stop shouting, she lifted the lid of cooker and flung the boiling water over him.
The man sustained burns on his chest, arms and throat. Initially he was admitted to Babasaheb Ambedkar hospital for emergency treatment and later shifted to the Cooper hospital. After being in the hospital for three days, Dalvi lodged a police complaint against Shainaz.
ALSO READ –
The police have registered a case against the wife under:
- Section 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means)
- Section 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others)
- Section 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace)
…..of the Indian Penal Code.
Senior inspector Pandit Thakre said,
No arrests have been made currently and we are investigating the matter. The couple continues to live together.
- If this is not one of the worse forms of Domestic Violence on Men, then what could it be?
- Even after booking the accused woman, the police have made no arrests, citing co-habitation of the couple
- In a reverse scenario, the police would have dragged the man out of his own house and locked him up in jail, to ensure further safety of the woman
- Also in such cases, if the man is still living together under the same roof again, it is due to lack of option and not a sign of reuniting with the wife
ALSO READ –
We are now on Telegram. Follow Us For More Updates
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank