A BSF soldier and a son from Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh used to send money home to his mother for household expenses. This infuriated his wife to such an extent that she murdered her mother-in-law and also later claimed that she died a natural death.
- Ram Sahu, a resident of Khaira village was married to Premlata (26) from Ratanpur Gondia
- Post marriage, Ram would be away from home on duty as he was posted in Punjab and visit his residence during holidays
- His wife would be at her husband’s residence with her mother-in-law Kirabai (55) and father-in-law Madhav Prasad
- Since the son would send money to his mother to run the house, his wife would be angry at him for this and constantly picked up fights with her in-laws in her husband’s absence
- After a while, the daughter-in-law had left her matrimonial home and returned to her parents
- On February 6 this year, Ram visited home while on leave, went to his in-laws’ house to bring back Premlata
ALSO READ –
Father Pleads To PM Modi As His Daughter-In-Law’s Family Demands Rs 1.5Cr Alimony Or Face Fake Charges
- On February 10, the BSF soldier went to Korba for some work and his father too was out for some work
- The wife and mother-in-law were alone at home when there was a fight once again between the two over money matters
- In a fit of rage, Premlata dragged her mother-in-law on the ground and strangled her to death
- Later she covered her body with a cloth and behaved as if nothing had happened
- When her husband returned and questioned his wife, she only mentioned that the old lady was ill and thus sleeping on the floor
- When the son took his mother to the community health centre, the doctors declared her dead
- There was blood flowing from Kirabai’s mouth and nose and thus this led to suspicion
ALSO READ –
- When the doctors informed police, a postmortem was undertaken and a case of murder was registered against Premlata
- The police have arrested the accused daughter-in-law and also learnt that she had attacked her mother-in-law several times on earlier occasions
- Not just this, Premlata had also hit her father-in-law with a stick last year, but the family did not report the same to save themselves from embarrassment
Neighbours too in their statement have confirmed this incident to the police, while informing how the woman used to constantly fight with her in-laws
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.