Several disputes arising out of social media addiction have come to the fore and Bengaluru couple is the recent one to separate due to excessive use of TikTok app by wife.
A woman with a few lakh followers on TikTok, a video sharing social application, opted to leave her husband after 12-years of marriage, since he strongly opposed her over posting video clips that he considered were ‘damaging to family values.’
- Asim and Ayesha (both names changed) tied the knot in 2008 and lived in Central Bengaluru in a joint family
- In 2014, the couple had a boy
- Asim, who was working as a sales employee in a firm, got work opportunity in Saudi Arabia and relocated to the Gulf country leaving his wife with her mother and father
- Around three years ago, a neighbour introduced Ayesha to TikTok and in no time she got hooked to the app
- She created, edited and uploaded videos and subsequently started enjoying the attention that she garnered in terms of likes and followers
- Earlier in 2019, Asim, while at work in Riyadh, was shocked when one of his friends forwarded him a TikTok video of an allegedly obscene dance by a woman
ALSO READ –
Girl Complaints To Police Alleging Boyfriend Took Money On Promise Of Marriage | Boy Commits Suicide Fearing Arrest
- A senior counsellor who handled the couple’s case said that Asim was stunned when his friend told him that his wife was performing in the video that garnered lakh of likes and attracted thousands of lewd comments on the video-sharing app
- The counsellor added that when Asim confronted his wife over the phone and video calls, she claimed that his friend was deliberately trying to degrade her by showing a doctored clip
- However, the wife’s claims failed to convince Asim and in early October last year, he decided to fly back to Bengaluru after quitting his well-paying job
- Once again, he again confronted Ayesha with multiple videos of her on the video-sharing platform but Ayesha accused him of doubting her
- Finally, Ayesha got exposed after she was confronted with a video that she filmed in the house
- The couple also approached the police commissionerate’s Parihar family counselling centre for settling the matter
ALSO READ –
“Human Rights Does Not Mean Women Rights Only”: Pak Actor Demands Men’s NGO to Hear Other Side As Well
The wife later admitted that she was encouraged by the popularity and response that she received over TikTok and therefore, made and uploaded several videos, including the obscene ones. Further, she also asserted that she would continue to create content on TikTok as she did not want to lose her lakhs of followers, who, over the years, have appreciated her performances.
Reportedly, the couple wants to settle the matter with a divorce and the duo will battle against each other to get the son’s custody.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.