It is said the one who knows the law, know it’s misuse the best. However, it is also said that no crime is full proof ever. In a bizarre incident, a female cop in Uttar Pradesh got herself shot by her lover and her friend while faking a robbery case.
The lady cop planted this fake story in order to get her in-laws framed.
- Woman constable Renu Singh was having an affair with Manish
- Renu’s husband Anuj is also a constable and both were posted at Ghaziabad
- The couple had been married for six years and has a child
- Renu and two others, including her lover, were arrested by the Baghpat police for staging the fake robbery with an aim to frame her in-laws with whom she had a strained relationship
- Renu staged the fake case with his help and a friend, Vikas
- According to police reports, on September 16, Renu was reportedly found with a bullet injury on her hand in Naithla village of Baghpat
- An FIR for robbery was registered against unknown persons for divesting her of her two-wheeler and 2 lakh in cash, apart from shooting at her
Circle Officer Baghpat, O.P. Singh, said
Renu Singh is stationed as a constable at the women police station in Ghaziabad. Her husband, Anuj, too, is a constable, working with Dial 100 in Ghaziabad. Renu was having strained relations for the past few months with her husband and in-laws, so much so that on September 15, a panchayat was conducted at their village in Baraut to sort out the matter.
The Circle Officer also said,
She asked Manish to shoot her in the hand and then Vikas dropped her near the police station. Manish burnt her scooty in a nearby jungle. She approached the police and alleged that Rs 2 lakh were stolen from her after she was shot at and her scooty, too, was stolen.
However, when the police checked the location of her mobile and followed the route, Renu’s plan miserably failed. The officer said,
A case has been filed against the three accused under IPC 120 (b) (whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit an offence punishable with death) and they have been sent to jail.
This is the extent of misuse for women centric laws. A daughter-in-law who wants to settle score with her husband and in-laws is armed with all legal ammunition and the word of the woman is taken as truth. In this case, Anuj and his family were lucky enough that Renu’s plan couldn’t succeed, else this would have been yet another addition to false cases on husband and family.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank