A daughter-in-law from Tamil Nadu has been arrested for physically assaulting her mother-in-law while in a fit of rage. In our quest to cheer Equal Rights for women, we often forget that mother-in-laws are not always the monsters and deserve gender justice equally as women.
- 40-year-old Kalpana married Saravanakumar 13 years ago
- According to the wife, her husband often came home drunk and this led to several fights between the couple
- After such unpleasant occurrences in the home, Saravanakumar used to go to his mother house at Min Nagar on Udumalpet Road in Pollachi and stay for days
- On one such occasion in January 2018, Kalpana had visited her in-laws’ home and attacked her 62-year-old mother-in-law, B Nageshwari, in a quarrel
- This is when Nageshwari had filed an official complaint against her daughter-in-law for the first time and Kalpana was booked on charges of assaulting the old woman
- Kalpana often threatened Nageshwari asking her to withdraw these charges against her
- In the recent incident, Kalpana’s husband had been missing for more than ten days
- Suspecting that he might be at his mother’s house, Kalpana once again went over to Nageshwari’s residence on Saturday night and the two had a heated argument that soon turned into a brawl
- It was then Kalpana allegedly assaulted and bit Nageshwari on the head before fleeing the scene
- The mother-in-law was taken to a nearby hospital where she underwent surgery
- Upon receiving a complaint, the Mahalingapuram police registered a case under sections 294 (b), 324, and 506 (i) of the Indian Penal Code against Kalpana and arrested her on Sunday
- According to the local police, Nageshwari had lost a considerable amount of blood
- Currently Kalpana has been lodged at a special prison for women on the Coimbatore central prison premises
If the woman had a problem with her husband and his drinking, she should have officially divorced him and moved on. We do not know the involvement of the mother-in-law in the relationship between the couple, however, under no circumstances any one should be pardoned for physically assaulting another person.
Sadly, such cases never become the talking point of women’s NGO or women’s rights cells. Mother-in-laws although being women themselves, seldom expect any form of justice from such biased one-sided groups.
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank