A lawyer based in Sola (Ahmedabad) filed a complaint with the city police on Friday alleging that his wife, who is a public accountant, beat him and also tried to strangle his mother. The reason provided by the husband was his wife got agitated when he and his mother confronted her of having an affair with her business partner.
- 38-year-old Mayur (name changed) married 35-year-old Payal (name changed) in 2007
- Payal is a native of Pune and the couple now resides in Ahmedabad
- In his FIR with the police of the Superior Court of Sola, the lawyer declared that the incident took place at his home in the Sola area during the early hours of Thursday
- Four months ago, Payal started working with her business partner while staying at her husband’s office
- Mayur grew suspicious of his wife after her business partner started visiting his office frequently
- This is when the husband installed CCTV cameras in his office to keep a watch on his wife
- The advocate’s suspicion rose further when he heard some of his staff members gossiping about his wife’s alleged affair
- Mayur, who had been working late, reached home around 3am on Friday
- Payal was furiously waiting for him and asked her husband about the CCTV cameras as soon as he entered the house
ALSO READ –
I told her my staff had told me what she does at the office with her business partner. For this, I had installed the CCTV cameras.
On hearing this, Payal allegedly lost her temper and started hurling abuses at her husband. Allegedly, she told Mayur that she would murder him with the help of her business partner.
When Mayur’s mother tried to intervene, Payal allegedly pushed her and made an attempt to choke her. Mayur said,
When I tried to rescue my mother, my wife beat me and threatened to kill me.
After the incident, Mayur approached the Sola high court police and lodged a complaint against his wife. Payal was booked for causing hurt, uttering abuses and criminal intimidation.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank