Indian government pushes for Beti Bachao campaign, however, somewhere down the line, it also gives out a message that Beti can do almost anything and will NOT face any punishment whatsoever. Read one such case from Bharatpur, Rajasthan.
- Two brothers Gajendra Singh and Harbhan Singh were married to two real sisters, Brajesh Devi and Babita Devi respectively in 2016
- However, within some months their relationship soured and both sisters simultaneously registered a case of dowry harassment against their husbands on October 15
- The charges were being investigated and in the same matter, all four individuals were asked to report to the Women’s Police Station in Bharatpur, Rajasthan for counselling on October 20
- When Brajesh Devi’s husband Gajendra followed her to the police station, Devi got so angry that she took law in her own hand and thrashed her husband with a helmet
- The husband’s head was bleeding and this incident took place right in front of the Mahila police
- The police then rescued Gajendra and pacified the woman
What is the message given by police in this case? Why did they not arrest the woman on the spot? Who had empowered her to take the law in her own hand even before the court of law pronounced her husband guilty of any charges?
These are questions every single person must ask, however, often in such situations, most people jump to conclusions that the woman must be truly harassed, which forced her to take law into her own hands. By this logic, we do not need any courts of justice for women, because by not arresting her, the communication given is loud and clear.
It is not about defending the man or the woman, but the sheer courage that women today gather for thrashing men without fear right in front of the police. The only and only reason is No fear of any law for women in our country.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.