Love is blind……and yes love knows no boundaries when it comes to age, colour or gender amongst others. Such is the case below from Agra.
A 22-year-old man has been booked at the Etmaduddaula Police Station in the city of the Taj Mahal for “disturbing peace in the area”, after he refused to end his love affair with a 60-year-old woman.
- The woman’s husband and son reached the police station on Thursday to file a report against the young man
- The young man also reached there at the same time with his family
- Soon, a quarrel broke out at the police station between both families, even as the woman and the young man jointly announced that they wanted to get married
- The woman is the mother of seven children, besides being a grandmother to seven others, and lives in the Prakash Nagar locality of the city
- The family members of the both the youth and the older woman tried to intervene and convince the lovers to call off their relationship, but the two remained adamant
- The police also told the couple that such a bond could not be accepted and they need to change their minds and not pursue their love
- However, when the lovers did not relent, the police registered an FIR against the 22-year-old man for disturbing the peace in the area
ALSO READ –
Later, the woman herself came to his rescue at the police station to apply for his bail. The cops had no choice but to grant the young man bail as per provisions of the law.
One can debate morally what is right or how wrong this alliance is. But the question with regards to Gender debate remains, when both the adult man and woman were in a consensual relationship, why did the police choose to file case only against the man?
We may shy away from talking openly about Gender bias against men, but the sad reality remains that police too are guarded before taking any action on the woman. Although in the above matter, there was absolutely no need to book either of the genders, since the relationship was mutual and could be settled peacefully amongst families either ways.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.