All mothers are not angels and the below report from Telangana narrates a shocking side of the birth giver. A woman from Buddaram village in Nalgonda murdered her son after he threatened to reveal a secret that she had been hiding from her husband.
The mother was having an extra-marital affair and her son had learned about the same. When he threatened to reveal her relationship to his father, the accused decided to eliminate her child to save her own skin.
- The woman had been in a relationship with her paramour for the last one year
- Some time ago, the woman’s husband learned about her affair and asked her to end it
- The woman and her paramour, however, continued with their relationship
- On Friday afternoon, the child saw her mother in a compromising position with a 60-year-old man when he woke up from his nap
- Baffled at the sight, the child told her mother that he would complain to his father
- Following this, the woman used a towel and strangled her child to death
- The police have said that the accused woman and her alleged paramour killed the nine-year-old boy
- The woman was taken into custody on Saturday and during interrogation, she confessed to killing her own child
- Initially, the woman tried to mislead the police by telling them that the death was natural
- However, her husband alleged foul play and when the woman was interrogated further, she confessed to the crime
After the incident, the accused also lied to her neighbours and told them that the nine-year-old was sick. Rajasekhar Reddy, Nalgonda rural sub-inspector told TOI,
After some time, she told them that he was not responding and had developed some rashes. The locals, who went to the accused’s house, found him dead.
The neighbours informed the boy’s father about the child’s health, following which, he went to the house and found his body. The police have said that prima facie, it appears that the woman’s paramour helped her in committing the crime. However, the police are yet to confirm the involvement of the accused.
ALSO READ –
This is not one off case and several such crimes by mothers have been reported in the past as well.
In April 2019 a mother from Rajkot had killed her son Aman Yadav, as she feared he would spill beans of her affair to her husband. Read Story.
ALSO READ –
In January 2016, a 35-year-old mother from Mumbai had confessed to killing her 9-year-old son three years ago (in 2013). Initially she told the police that she did so because she was fed up of his repeated complaints from school, however, later she admitted of committing the crime because her son threatened to make her affair known to his father. Read Story.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank