A dental student from Raipur, Chhattisgarh has been arrested on charges of blackmailing a businessman and threatening him to expose their mutual relationship.
- 29-year-old Preeti Tiwari was arrested in connection with a honey-trap case on charges of extorting around Rs 1.38 crore in cash and several luxury cars from a Raipur-based businessman
- Chetan Shah, is a businessman dealing in sanitary and hardware products and the victim in this case
- Preeti, a dropout from a Bilaspur-based dental collage, had reportedly come in contact with the businessman in 2012 via social media site, Facebook
- Both spent the first few days chatting with each other, however, later the online chats turned into mobile phone conversations and the friendship developed into a relationship
- According to Shah, Preeti started pressuring him for money immediately after the two got into a relationship and the blackmailing continued for four-long years
- The woman (adult) was fully aware that Shah was a married man and had a daughter, yet decided to go intimate and recorded their private moments on her mobile
- She then started to blackmail Shah and threatened to implicate him in a rape case
- Along with crores of money in cash, she also took away Shah’s Creta SUV
- Shah had to borrow heavily from his friends and relatives for meeting the woman’s never ending demand
- According to Chetan, he even had to sell his Shankar Nagar Sector-1 based house for Rs 1.42 crore for settling the blackmail debts
- Shah was also paying Rs 20,000 as rent and maintenance to Tiwari, yet her greed did not end there
- When Preeti learnt about the sale of Chetan’s house, she started demanding Rs 50 lakh more for finally leaving Shah
- It is then the businessman complained to Pandari police station and the police arrested the student after registering an FIR basis the businessman’s report
- On Thursday evening, the police raided Tiwari’s house in Avanti Vihar Sarvodaya Harmony and also arrested her under Sections 384 (extortion) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC)
Firstly, there should not be any moral compass on the man for being married. The woman (accused) was an adult and exactly knew what she was getting into, when the two consented into the relationship. Of course, the man surely was conscious of his image in society and thus did succumb to the pressures of blackmail initially. While on the other hand, the accused woman sensed the man’s pulse and decided to exploit him endlessly, assuming the threat of being exposed will stay forever.
Once again, the tool used for blackmail here, were charges of false rape case against the man, since there is no legal implication for a woman if she files a fabricated rape case after a consensual relationship.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.