Chhattisgarh Home Minister Tamradhwaj Sahu expressed his concern with regards to increase in suicides by policemen in his recent meeting with the officers.
Sahu also gave some important instructions to the Additional Chief Secretary of the state. Adding further, the Home Minister has advised police personnels not to take much workload and try to work stress-free.
The minister also directed senior officials to undertake sports activities, periodic counselling and health tests as a part of the campaign launched to resolve the problems of police officers and employees. Along with this, instructions have also been given to visit various camps, speak with police personnel and guide them with solutions through an appropriate system.
ALSO READ –
The Home Minister has given necessary instructions in this regard by holding a meeting with Additional Chief Secretary Home Subrata Sahu, Director General of Police DM Awasthi and Director General of Police (Naxal Operations) Ashok Juja.
- This is a welcome step by Chhattisgarh state government where the system is acknowledging problems faced by Men
- With our experience of covering suicides of police personnel, largely the reasons narrow down to family problems
- Often, due to long hours of work, policemen face lot of resentment from their wives and families
- These issues must be addressed with fair hearing to the policeman, who is also a husband
- Whenever a husband speaks up about problems in his marriage, government should not doubt him for being a man and give him equal support in easing his stress, amidst serving the countrymen
Suicide Prevention Contact Details:
Men in distress due to family problems and threats of false cases can contact either of the NGOs listed here: Men Welfare Trust, MyNation Hope Foundation, Save Indian Family Foundation, Vaastav Foundation
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank