In a shocking incident reported from Rohtak, Haryana over the weekend, a man has been brutally assaulted by his wife and in-laws. The incident that took place on March 28, 2022 is as similar to that of Nirbhaya rape case (2012 Delhi), where the accused in this case have inserted a cane and chilly powder inside the victim’s private parts, leaving his intestines completely damaged.
This is a 13-year long marriage with 3 children.
What is even more shocking, that there is no buzz whatsoever about this barbaric incident in English mainstream or prominent online media.
Here’s What Happened
As per a report by Garima Times, Mahabir’s (victim) sister has narrated the incident. She shares,
My brother’s wife Priyanka got her family to beat up my brother. They all ganged up against him, thrashed him, and even inserted a rod inside his internal parts, leaving him almost dead. My brother kept shouting, crying, but his in-laws did not allow anyone to come in between.
Later, when a woman came to collect garbage, she along with some neighbours intervened, as Mahabir’s in-laws were almost ready to kill him.
We were then informed by someone that my brother has been beaten up very badly and that he could die any moment.
Mahabir has undergone a major operation post the incident and is hanging between life and death.
Speaking to Garima Times, brother-in-law of the victim said,
We got a call that my brother-in-law was beaten and chilli powder was inserted inside him. The culprits are none other but his in-laws.
When we went to take him, we were also stopped as they did not allow us to take Mahabir to the hospital. Somehow, we managed to transfer him for medical help and got him admitted to the ICU.
He can slip into coma any moment. We will only come to know if he will survive in next couple of weeks.
His wife Priyanka had gone to her parents’ home and this was one of the reasons for arguments between the couple.
If my brother-in-law is wrong, let law take its course, but this is no way to beat him. Police has been co-operative so far.
Statement By SHO
Speaking with media, Abdullah Khan, SHO, Laakhanmajra, said,
Couple was having many differences and the in-laws have beaten up the victim husband. Post investigation, it will be clear whether all accused with related to the victim’s wife, or some were hired from outside too.
As every story needs to be covered from all sides, independent journalist Deepika Narayan Bhardwaj who visited the victim’s village shared further details with MDO. She quoted,
A man named Mahabir from Khairanti village near Rohtak, Haryana was brutally assaulted by his wife Priyanka, mother-in-law, sister-in-law & four male relatives on March 28, 2022.
A cane with chilli powder was allegedly put into the victim’s private parts. Mahabir had been later admitted to ICU, where he underwent a 4-hour surgery. Rohtak Police hasn’t added relevant sections as per assault.
The villagers also shared some more background to the matter, where they accused Mahabir of being an alcoholic and someone who would assault his wife and 3 kids.
However, they did concur that whatever happened with him was equally wrong. Mahabir’s family is now seeking justice.
- Domestic Violence is one of the worst forms of abuse any spouse can go through
- If husband is guilty of being a wife beater, women and their families have been empowered with several laws which can give them justice and also monetary security for life
- However, can such a brutal assault be justified by any stretch of means by wife and her family?
- For a moment, let’s reverse the genders and ask, what is a husband would have left his nagging, cruel wife assaulted in this manner? Would we have accepted the same?
- While all men are not right and all men are not monsters, a large part of the problem lies with the family of women too
- The mindset of marrying off their daughter as early as possible without making her independent becomes the crux of all these matrimonial problems
- Family of women literally pass off their daughter to a third person (husband) and expect her to deal with all sorts of violence and harassment, even if she happens to be in an abusive marriage
- It may take many many years for India to change it’s mindset towards the concept of marriage – from dumping responsibility to companionship
- Until then, sadly due to the immensely diverse outlook that Indians may have in urban Vs rural areas, innocent Men will keep facing the brunt of heavily Gender Biased Laws, which totally tilt in favour of married women
Leave Your Comments On The Case Below:
Nirbhaya Type Assault In Rohtak | Wife, In-Laws Insert Cane & Chilli Powder Inside Husband's Private Parts; English Media Silent— Men’s Day Out (@MensDayOutIndia) April 4, 2022
▪️There is Other Side to the story
▪️But do read MDO Take in detail#HisStory #DomesticViolence on #MenToo @DeepikaBhardwaj https://t.co/UtpU5qBfHt
WATCH VIDEO –
Rohtak Man Brutally Assaulted By Wife, In-Laws | Nirbhaya Type Rod Inserted Damaging His Intestines
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank