Some stories are beyond contemplation and when we come across such unheard incidents, we hope to believe that world can be a better place.
Amidst several cases of rape, assault, and harassment in the country, a 19-year-old boy reportedly committed suicide five months ago, after he was harassed by his boss in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Nikhil Parmar from Gomtipur joined a firm in Vasna in 2018
- The organisation was in the business of supplying wedding decoration
- Nearly after working at the firm for 10 months, Nikhil told his father that he did not wish to continue his job with Mahendra Shah (the employer) since the man and his wife Jyoti were harassing him
- It is then that his father asked him to immediately resign from the job
- But the employer called Nikhil to collect his salary on July 14 and thus out of no choice Nikhil decided to visit his boss to complete the settlement formalities
- On July 15, the boss called Nikhil’s father and told him that he was taking his son on a tour to Rajasthan
- However, days later, on July 20, his employer once again called Nikhil’s father and shockingly informed him that his son had committed suicide by hanging himself in the office premises
- An investigation had been underway ever since
- Now recently, Nikhil’s cousins who went through his phone and messages, found out that his employer had been harassing him for a long time
ALSO READ –
Shocking Messages To Nikhil
- While the investigation was on, Nikhil’s cousins Nisha and Sanjay came across some messages on his phone
- The messages on Nikhil’s phone revealed that his 45-year-old boss had forced the teen to make his 25-year-old wife fall in love with him
- Incidentally Nikhil who cannot be considered fully mature at the age of 19, gave into his boss’ demands
- Later, when the young boy and employer’s wife continued with the illicit relationship, his boss asked Nikhil to break up with his wife
- When Nikhil informed the woman that he would not be able to continue the relationship, she reportedly hurled abuses at him
Nikhil had sent a message to his boss asking him to stop treating him like a slave. The message read:
You directed me to make your wife fall in love with me. I followed that and she also began loving me. We were into illicit relationships and then you wanted to end the relationship. You also threatened me that you would not give me any salary. Please, do not treat me like a slave. Have mercy upon me.
The employer and his wife have been booked under the charges of abetment to suicide and under Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocity) Act.
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank