A 14-year-old girl from Karnataka has filed a police complaint against her own mother and an autorickshaw driver. According to the statement given to the police, the girl has alleged that her mother had been forcing her to sleep with the autorickshaw driver for the past year. Now, at the time of approaching the police, the girl was eight months pregnant.
- The complainant’s mother is separated from her husband
- The mother-daughter duo has been living together since
- About a year ago, the mother befriended a 22-year-old autorickshaw driver, Vinay
- Police officials revealed that the mother and Vinay would often drink alcohol at the complainant’s home on the outskirts of the city in Bengaluru South
- The complainant, a student of Class 7, has gone further to claim that her mother forced her to sleep with Vinay on multiple occasions
- She also accused the mother of lacing her food with sedatives
- A case has now been registered against the mother and the driver at the Magadi sub-division police station
- Interestingly, Vinay was arrested some months ago in connection with a robbery case
- However, the victim’s mother is yet to be arrested since she injured her leg and arms following a bad fall
- She worked at a wedding hall while Vinay drove an autorickshaw during the day and played an active role in robberies in the cover of night
ALSO READ –
Police officials familiar with the case revealed that the girl went to a local hospital along with her grandmother and this is when she found out about the pregnancy. The complainant further told investigators her mother did not seek medical attention for her despite repeated requests. She told the police,
I have not seen the autorickshaw driver since I told him that I had missed my periods.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.