In a shocking incident from the state of Uttar Pradesh, a girl eloped with her boyfriend after allegedly poisoning the food meant for her family.
- The girl from the Moradabad district is a minor
- Incidentally, the man, who she fled with, was earlier in jail on charges of raping the same girl
- The father of the minor had, in December 2018, registered a case of rape against the accused
- While he was released on bail, according to police, the family was strictly against their relationship
- However, when he came out on bail, he had allegedly threatened the girl’s brother of dire consequences if the family opposed to their relationship
- On Tuesday night, the girl reportedly poisoned the food at her home which was consumed by seven members of the family
- The girl’s mother, two sisters, two brothers, sister-in-law and nephew fell unconscious after consuming the food
- The police said that the minor girl then ran away with her boyfriend
- Superintendent of Police (rural), Uday Shankar Singh, said that on the basis of a complaint filed by the girl’s father, an FIR has been lodged
- The SP also added that two family members of the girl had been discharged from the hospital while a woman and her child is still under observation
Mainather station house officer (SHO), Manoj Kumar Singh, said,
Since the girl is a minor, we have registered a case against the accused Arvind Kumar under sections 120B (criminal conspiracy), 328 (causing hurt by means of poison) and 307 (attempt to murder) of the Indian Penal Code and have started investigating the case. We are also conducting searches to locate the girl.
Luckily the family survived the near fatal incident, however, what remains shocking is even though the girl was a minor, she agreed to take this extreme step merely to unite with her boyfriend. The man of course would be dealt with as per law. The learning from such cases is, in today’s times murdering anyone who you think is a hindrance, has become an easy way out, perhaps because of the lack of fear of law.
Read another story below where a teenage girl from Bangalore, along with her boyfriend, murdered her father as he opposed to their relationship.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: [email protected]
Leave a Reply