Earlier failed love affairs would often end in separation, however, today many affairs are ending in suicide, especially when a woman starts giving threats of a false case to the man. Of course, if the genders are reversed, every single media reports about how cruel the man had driven the woman to end her life, but when it comes to the male partner taking this drastic step, such news never reaches the reader, especially from the English media.
- Golu Ahirwar, was a young man and a resident of Jhansi
- The case pertains to Hanuman Mohalla which falls under the Mauranipur police station in the city
- Golu was in the business of making bags and as per his routine when he did not get out of his room in the morning, the family became suspicious
- After knocking at his door for long, they did not receive any response
- Getting nervous, when they peeped into his room through the window, Golu was found hanging from the fan
- The family hurriedly broke the door open, went inside and lowered Golu from the gallows, however, it was too late
- Golu had already died
- The family told police that Golu was in a relationship with a young girl from their own locality
- They have alleged that Golu had been trapped by the girl after taking thousands of rupees from him while they were in the relationship
- When the deceased demanded his money back from the girl, she allegedly started threatening him with ‘some’ cases
- Golu was unable to bear this torture and after being fed up on continuous threats from his girlfriend, he decided to end his life
- The police reached the spot after receiving information, body has been sent for postmortem and the investigation has begun
- As a process we always advocate that no arrests should be made before the investigation is complete
- However, if the girl would have committed suicide, Golu would have been behind bars by now
- In almost 99% of the cases, media never releases the identity of the female alleged accused
- But, when it comes to a man being blamed, his name, profession, family name all are discussed in detail by the media, even before he is convicted
- In most cases, despite the men leaving a suicide note accusing their partner/wives, the women are not arrested unless there is a direct physical involvement in the murder
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.