Chilling visuals of a toddler crawling in the middle of a forest in Kerala have gone viral. On Saturday night, a police officer in the hilly, tourist town of Munnar in the southern state, received a strange alert:
A baby has been found crawling in the middle of the road near a forest
What Exactly Happened :
- The baby, her parents and their extended family were returning home from neighbouring Tamil Nadu after performing temple rituals
- Her parents and extended family, had dozed off in the SUV while the one-year-old girl had fallen off their speeding Jeep
- It is believed that at 9.42 pm, the baby fell off from her sleeping mother’s lap as the jeep made a turn
- They did not realise the mishap until they were another 45 kilometres away
- An employee at the checkpost saw something crawling and went nearby to check
- This was when the employee realised it was a baby and immediately alerted higher officials in the Forest Department including the Munnar Wildlife Warden
- Initially the officers who spotted the baby thought that the girl child had been abandoned
- There were minor injuries on her head and forehead and blood on her nose as well
- The parents were nearing one of the homes in Kambilikandam when they realised the baby was missing
- It is then that the worried parents started crying on the road and when the police enquired, they were informed about the missing baby
- The Kambilikandam police station had already received a message about the child recovered in Rajamala and the parents rushed to the Vellathooval police station, whose officials contacted the Munnar station
- They reached the Munnar Police Station at around 1am, where primary formalities of identifying them as the parents were undertaken and the child was subsequently returned to them
- The baby also has a brother and a sister
- CCTV footage from the Rajamala checkpost inside a reserve forest in Idukki district, where the incident happened, shows the baby crawling over to a metal railing
- The video shows the baby crawling, then pausing to take rest, before resuming her crawl
- She tries to climb over the railing, but is unable to maneuver over it
- She then crawls around the railing, perhaps towards the light in the checkpost
- It takes her nearly 20 minutes to reach the middle of the road
Below were some of the reactions on social media :
These parents must be charged. How come a baby fall from a closed car and what the hell the mother was doing 10 month baby must be in her laps instead that baby was on the streets. By God’s grace she was not hurt.parents must be penalised
— akhil nair (@akhilnair08) September 9, 2019
Parents must be busy with their Mobiles!???
— Rajesh B. Patel (@RajeshBPatel14) September 9, 2019
Guys, that looks like a Mahindra jeep with Soft top and parallel bench seats. Possible that Mother sitting behind with child on her lap slept off and child happen to lose balance and fall outside. Mother in sleep won’t have realized. Dad must be in front seat napping too
— thegrinningdevil (@bingovikrant) September 9, 2019
Baby fell off mother’s hand while she dozzed off after visiting temple. Parents realised after 40km and and lodged a missing report. It was near a forest check post and baby crawled towards lighted area. Other side was pit and frequented by wild animals. Glad family united
— Bob Phil (@BobPhil247) September 10, 2019
Parents must be busy , kept baby next to the window , without a baby seat and seatbelt . Authority have to push the parents to buy a BABY SEAT and keep babies and kids safely , strict law must be implemented and should cancel those break the rules .
— Musthafa Amsterdam (@musthafautwente) September 9, 2019
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Leave a Reply