A Gurugram lady police constable was booked for allegedly accessing her husband’s call records illegally. The police have registered a case against her on the direction of a local court on Thursday.
According to the police, a bank manager, who works in Sector 31, and his wife, a police constable, are having a marital discord who are engaged in multiple litigations against one another. The woman is alleged to have misused her position as police to surveil and record her husband’s phone calls. The woman is also alleged to have forged the signature of her superior officers as well, along with two of her colleagues.
- The couple is having a troubled marriage since sometime
- Hence, police constable Savita Kumari allegedly misused her position to spy on her husband and recorded his phone calls
- Rajesh Kumar (35), a bank manager came to know about his wife’s intention after she allegedly started discussing certain issues with him that he had privately spoken about with his close friends only
- Kumar was also earlier informed by one of his friends that Savita had called him and was asking ‘why they were talking frequently’
- While connecting the dots, Kumar realised something was not right and hence he decided to file a right to information (RTI) query
- On filing the query, he learned that his mobile phone was on surveillance and this pushed him to pursue legal action on his wife
- Taking cognizance of the complaint filed by Rajesh, judicial magistrate Sumitra Kadian directed the filing of an FIR against Savita Kumari, a resident of Bhondsi, along with two of her colleagues
ALSO READ –
Highlighting how his phone recording could have had led to a financial loss to the bank, Kumar said,
I was posted as a manager in Saharanpur of Uttar Pradesh and currently, posted as a manager in the city, holding a position of dealing with the transportation and management of huge cases on a daily basis. Such a job requires the utmost secrecy and confidentiality.
In case the information about the movement, timing and the quantum of cash transfer is leaked, it may cause irreparable loss to the exchequer and may result in loss of lives.
According to the police, as early as August 2017, Kumar received a call from one his friends informing that his estranged wife had called him and was asking why they were talking frequently.
ALSO READ –
The wife is also alleged to have called the man’s cousin on October 6, 2017, advising him not to accompany Kumar to a panchayat in Ranila village. This is the time when panchayat was called to settle the dispute between the two. Rajesh said,
I was shocked how my wife came to know that I had requested my cousin to accompany me to the panchayat.
It is then the husband filed an RTI with his telecom company, seeking details about his own number.
ALSO READ –
Later in March 2018, Rajesh filed a complaint with the commissioner of police seeking action against his wife for tracking his phone. Kumar said,
An inquiry was conducted in which my statement was also recorded. The accused were found guilty of illegally surveilling my phone.
After hearing the matter, the court observed that,
These facts itself clarifies that all the accused in conspiracy with each other and being public servants and by misusing their post have disobeyed the law with intent to cause injury to the complainant, have knowingly disobeyed the direction of law.
Preet Pal Sangwan, assistant commissioner of police (crime), said that a case was registered on Thursday at Badshahpur police station under:
- Section 166 (whoever, being a public servant, knowingly disobeys any direction of the law)
- Section 167 (public servant preparing false document)
- Section 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant)
- Section 420 (cheating), 464 (making a false document)
- Section 467 (forgery of valuable security)
- Section 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating)
- Section471 (using forged document)
- Section500 (defamation)
- Section 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC
- Section 66 and 82 of the IT Act
ALSO READ –
Time and again, it has been proven that it is best for couples to part amicably if they cannot live with each other. Such illegal spying on either spouses can only lead to further criminal activities which may end up in the accused spending their lives behind bars.
Crush your ego and move forward, instead of trying to teach the other any ‘lesson’.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.