A 65-year-old woman allegedly killed her grandson by pushing him into Sindhaghatta Lake, near Sheelanere in K.R. Pet taluk, Mysore, after her daughter eloped with lover. The woman also attempted suicide but was saved by the villagers.
Case (September 2019):
- The Kikkeri police have arrested an elderly woman for allegedly killing her grandson by pushing him into the Sindhaghatta lake, near Sheelanere, in K.R. Pet taluk
- The accused, Savithramma, 65, of Maruti Nagara near Sheelanere, allegedly killed Prajwal, 11, in September last year
- Deceased boy was a fifth standard student at Uygonahalli Government School
- Grandmother told the police that her widowed daughter Lakshmi, 35, Prajwal’s mother, had eloped to marry her boyfriend, a journalist working with a television channel in Mangaluru
- Savithramma went to the child’s school, told the teachers that she was taking her grandson as they had to attend a festival and brought him home
- She then took Prajwal to Sindhaghatta Lake about three kilometres from Maruthi Nagar, where she allegedly tied the boy’s hands and legs before pushing him into the Lake
- Some residents from the nearby Uygonahalli village, on hearing a thud, rushed to the spot and stopped the woman just as she was trying to jump into the lake as well, said the Kikkeri police
- Later Lakshmi arrived and filed a murder complaint against her mother
- The Police, who rushed to the spot, summoned Fire and Emergency Services personnel, who conducted a search and fished out the body of Prajwal
- The body was shifted to Dundashetty Lakshmamma Memorial General Hospital in K.R. Pet, where post-mortem was performed and the body was later handed over to his mother Lakshmi
- Superintendent of Police K. Parashuram visited the spot
ALSO READ –
Mother-In-Law Accuses Daughter-in-Law Of Pouring Kerosene & Lighting Fire To Kill Her
Lakshmi, who rushed to the place from Mangaluru along with Srinivas upon learning the death of her son, held her mother responsible for her son’s death and has lodged a complaint in this regard.
The above case is not crimes by Men vs crimes by Women, however, it only demonstrates how women’s rights cells never raise their voice against such offences, but prefer to run one-sided campaigns only when the perpetrators are Men.
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: [email protected]
Leave a Reply