Perhaps filing GST returns is a tougher task than filing False Rape charges in India. And this is not a funny thing to say, but an extremely worrying situation that has been emerging not just from urban but also several rural states where Gender Discrimination has been rampant over the years.
However, as a society, in our endeavour to emphasise on the Importance of Gender Equality , it is only normal for us to believe the victim without questioning the other side. But then, is this really helping the Women folk themselves?
- The victim, in her statements under Section 164 (CrPC), had alleged of being abducted and raped on January 1, 2018, while she was on her way to Gudha town in Rajasthan, for submitting her scholarship form
- The girl had also told court that she was a minor at the time of the incident
- Her statements had been backed and supported by her mother
- However, during the trials, the mother-daughter duo have completely changed their statements
- The girl admitted to having lied that she was under 18-years of age at the time of the alleged incident
- The girl even confessed that ‘she was never raped’
- Shockingly, the victim told court that it was on the insistence of the villagers that she was compelled to file such a complaint
- A special court hearing this POCSO case in Jhunjhunu District has issued notices to both the mother and daughter asking them to explain their reasons for turning hostile
- According to special public prosecutor Lokendra Singh Shekhawat, the court has acquitted the person accused of rape on November 1 this year, while taking serious cognizance of both alleged rape survivor and her mother changing statements.
- The court has infact also directed the district collector to notify them, whether any compensation was granted to the girl under the SC/ST Act
It was my humble submission before the court that woman had filed the rape case under POCSO Act, and the resources of the of the state machinery were marshalled for the pursuance of justice. Despite a chargesheet being submitted against the accused, the survivor and her mother completely backtracked from their earlier allegations.
Adding further Shekhawat said,
The court took a cognizance under Section 193 (false evidence) and issued a notice to the girl and her mother, seeking their response. The girl and her mother will have to submit that their responses to the court. Similarly, the court has directed if any action is taken in the future against the girl, she should be treated as above 18-years of age.
Such cases are not just a blot on humanity, but worse for genuine rape survivors, whose cases are also looked at ‘with doubts’. And no one of course worries about the plight of the falsely accused man. Guess he too, is contended that he has been acquitted. Honour and Respect of Men gets overshadowed by the joy of being legally free.
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: [email protected]
Leave a Reply