No case shocks us now. But the below one is a classic example of how women can be filing false cases in collusion with the system, to extort lakhs and even crores of rupees at times.
A woman from Panipat (Haryana), who has registered a total of 19 false gang rape cases has been arrested. Incidentally, a lady sub-inspector was hand in glove with the accused woman, who laid honeytrap for rich men and then extorted money from them.
However, their last conspiracy went miserably failed, when they were planning to trap a businessman from Panipat and that is how the entire matter got exposed and revealed.
- Mamta (name changed), 40-years-old, is the main accused in this case who lives in the Chandni Bagh police station area of Panipat
- She was trying to blackmail and extort Rs 50 lakh from three people, including a scrap businessman from the area, along with the help of lady Sub-inspector (SI) Yogesh Kumari, who plotted the plan
- Both the accused women knew each other since past six months and decided to trap a big fish this time
- Thus, Mamta befriended her neighbour Rakam Singh
- She convinced him that she was in urgent need for some money and thus Singh reached Mamta’s house along with his acquaintance Lokesh Jain and his driver Sunil
- After sometime, Yogesh Kumari too came to the same house and asked Mamta to come outside
- However, at this point in time, Mamta said nothing had happened to her yet
- On hearing this, Kumari walked away
- Later, the trio men had some drinks and stayed back for nearly five hours
- At this time, the SI reached Mamta’s home again and threatened them in a false case
- The accused women demanded a whopping sum of Rs 50 lakh from the men
- The businessmen got worried and hurriedly gave them Rs 25 thousand which Yogesh Kumari immediately pocketed
ALSO READ –
- The men also assured of giving the balance money sometime later
- Incidentally, Mamta had also made a video of the men while they were at her home on February 22
- A day later the businessman and his partners were willing to pay Rs 5 Lakhs to the women
- While Kumari was insisting to settle between Rs 10-15 Lakhs, Mamta was unwilling to set her expectations anything below Rs 50 Lakhs
- When Mamta did not receive any money for next two-days, she suspected Kumari of striking a deal worth Rs 12 Lakhs with the men directly
- When the women did not receive the assured pending amount, she crossed all limits and filed a false gang rape case at the Chandni Bagh police station against all three men
- Not just this, there was also a dispute between the two women themselves, where Mamta accused Yogesh Kumari of taking the balance money and not giving her a penny
- This is when Mamta herself complained the matter to the Superintendent of Police (SP), post which an SIT was formed to look into the matter
- After a false case was filed, businessman Jain complained to the SP as well
- Mamta then also submitted a complaint against the SI to the SP
- She also handed over CCTV camera footage and audio recordings of her conversations with Kumari
- SIT was formed under the leadership of DSP Pooja Dabla and all recordings in the investigation exposed the plot conspired by Mamta and SI
- After a six-day investigation, the SIT removed charges of gang rape and made SI Kumari and Mamta party to the case
- Mamta was called to the police station on Thursday, post which she was arrested
- SI Kumari involved in the planning is currently absconding
ALSO READ –
The saddest part of the above case is not how it unfolded, but the fact that everyone involved can be named, except the accused woman who remains an alleged victim till court conviction or acquittal.
In December last year, while laying down directions to protect the identity of rape victims, the Supreme Court ruled against any disclosure and barred it even in cases where the rape victim may have died or is of unsound mind and the parents have consented to such disclosure.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank