In a shocking incident reported from Chembur, Mumbai, a man allegedly strangulated his two children and later committed suicide by hanging himself.
- 35-year-old Dinesh Yadav worked as a plumber and his deceased children were 3-year-old daughter and an 18-month-old son
- According to police, Dinesh was upset as his wife ran away from home frequently
- The door was locked from inside when the incident took place on Sunday night
- The couple used to have a frequent fights over trivial issues at home
- However, Dinesh’s wife was not at home, when he killed his kids and himself
- The report further suggests that Dinesh’s wife did not return home in the last five days
- The matter came to light when Dinesh’s brother knocked on the door and got no response for a long time
- Later, when he got suspicious, he gathered other neighbours to break open the door
- As the door was opened, the bodies of the children were lying on a bed, while Dinesh was found hanging from the ceiling of the room
- The police believe that the children were strangled to death by Yadav
- The bodies have been sent for autopsy
Senior Inspector Sopan Nighot from RCF police station said,
We have registered a case of accidental death and are probing the matter further. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem at Rajawadi hospital. We believe that the children have been strangled and the accused later committed suicide by hanging.
The SHO also said that he is waiting for the autopsy report and will add further sections against Dinesh Yadav if his involvement was found in the murders. Police officials said they will record the statement of family members to find out the reason behind the deaths.
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.