A 33-year-old software engineer attacked her mother and also tried to kill her brother in KR Puram police station limits in Bengaluru on early Sunday morning. While the mother died on the spot, her brother managed to flee the spot calling out for help.
- Amrutha (the accused) was working with an IT firm in Bengaluru
- She was living with her mother Nirmala (54), and brother Harish Chandrashekhar (31) in a rented apartment at Akshaya Nagar in Ramamurthy Nagar
- Harish too worked as an engineer in a private firm
- Both siblings were unmarried
- Amrutha had informed her family that she had got a new job in Hyderabad, and that they should visit the city for a tour before moving there
- She had allegedly booked flight tickets for Sunday morning as well
- However, at about 4 am, Harish woke up to Amrutha opening an almirah (cupboard), and when he asked what she was doing, she said she was packing her luggage
- Harish woke up with the noise and was sitting upright on his bed
- This is when his elder sister came to his room and allegedly stabbed him in the neck with a knife
- When he asked her why was she trying to kill him, she said because she had borrowed money from few persons, who threatened to come to the house on Sunday to collect the money
- Fearing that this would result in humiliation for the family, she hatched a plan to kill them
- When Harish enquired about his mother, Amrutha told him that she had already stabbed and murdered her to death
ALSO READ –
According to the police, the woman had apparently taken hand loans amounting to about Rs 15 lakh, and feared that lenders will come after her, as she was unable to return the sum amount. Nonetheless, the police is probing other angles in the matter as well.
Harish later called his aunt Sudha, who got him admitted to a hospital where he is currently undergoing treatment. The accused, Amrutha, is absconding and the police are on the lookout for her.
DCP (Whitefield) M N Anucheth said,
This was a rare case where an educated woman suddenly became aggressive and brutally murdered her mother and also tried to kill her brother. Investigations will cover all details and we shall interrogate Harish once he recovers from shock.
ALSO READ –
The police also suspect that Amrutha was depressed as she was unmarried and felt she couldn’t take care of her family after the father passed away six-years ago.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank