Love, failure in love and revenge have been mostly reported when a failed male lover attacks the woman if she refuses to give into his demands of marriage or continuing the relationship further or something else. However, there are several cases, where in the reverse of genders, the failed women in love too, have attacked their male partners if they have not complied with the woman’s order.
- A 19-year-old girl allegedly threw acid on a 20-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh’s Jeevangarh area at Aligarh on Thursday after he refused to marry her
- According to the Police Officer Anil Simaniya, CO, Civil Lines, the boy’s name is Faizad, and he was in a relationship with the accused girl for past six months
- Since last month, he had been ignoring the girl, post which she attacked him with acid
- An FIR (First Information Report) under section 326 A has been registered against the accused and she has been arrested
- Dr Khan Zone from Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Joint Hospital confirmed that Faizad had been admitted to their hospital after the acid attack and his eyes were affected badly
- According to the victim’s mother Rukhsana, the accused girl was constantly calling up her son, harassing him and pressurising him to marry her
- The girl had also called Faizad on Thursday morning, the day of the incident and when he refused to speak with her, she ended up throwing acid on him while he was standing at a shop near his house
In another similar incident reported in June this year, a Delhi woman too allegedly threw acid on her boyfriend in the national capital’s Vikaspuri area to exact revenge from him as he did not want to marry her, police said. She was riding pillion on her boyfriend’s motorcycle when she asked him to take off his helmet as she was “unable to touch him properly”. Moments later, she allegedly threw acid on him. Read Story.
What shocks us, is that despite the girl’s arrest, her identity has not been revealed by the mainstream media, even when they have gone ahead by revealing the name of the victim boy and his mother. When a girl commits such a crime, she is handled with kid’s gloves, which perhaps encourages other girls to also casually take such extreme steps, since there is absolutely no fear – either of law of public shaming.
We don’t see any outrage or anyone writing long posts on such incidents when boys are attacked. However, the society is prompt to shed false tears even when a woman shares her one sided sob story on social media platforms. #MenToo deserve a Voice.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank