Mumbai Sessions court on Wednesday extended the interim protection from arrest, granted to Bollywood actor Aditya Pancholi (54), until September 9. The actor has been charged with rape in June this by a popular Bollywood actress.
Police has registered the FIR against Pancholi under :
- Section 376 (rape)
- Section 328 (causing hurt by means of poison)
- Section 384 (extortion)
- Section 342 (wrongful confinement)
- Section 323 (voluntarily causing hurt)
- Section 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code
- On June 27 2019, the Versova police had registered a case of rape, extortion and criminal intimidation, among other charges against Pancholi
- In her complaint, the actress mentioned that she got in touch with Pancholi when she came to Mumbai in 2004 to pursue a career in Bollywood
- She alleged that after she accompanied Pancholi to a party in 2004, and had drinks, she started feeling dizzy
- She further alleged that on the way home, Pancholi stopped the car and raped her
- The actress also mentioned that the actor assaulted her physically and mentally and even blackmailed her with private pictures
- Pancholi’s anticipatory bail plea said the FIR reflected her knowledge that he was married with two kids when she met him the first time
- Pancholi also claimed that he was being falsely implicated, after more than a decade
- He submitted that he was absolutely innocent and the case was false
- Pancholi’s defence pointed out to chats to show that the report was lodged by the actress due to a monetary dispute
- In the previous hearing last month, granting Pancholi interim pre-arrest bail, the court had observed that false implication could not be ruled out
- The court took into consideration that on June 25 a magistrate had issued process against the actress in a defamation case that Pancholi had filed against her in 2017
- The court also said that the allegations made by the actress also pertained to incidents from 2004-09
- The court granted him interim protection from arrest
- On Wednesday, a lawyer of the complainant woman told the court that her intervention application (opposing bail) was filed in the name of her sister erroneously and they wanted to amend the application
- According to Pancholi’s lawyer Prashant Patil, additional sessions judge H B Gaikwad then adjourned the hearing to September 9
- The interim relief has been extended to Pancholi until then
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank