Most headlines in India pertain to rapes and gang rapes and we get triggered and anguished by such horrendous news reports daily. However, do we get equally enraged when we hear how women/young girls are randomly alleging ‘rape’ just to get away in minor incidents or settle scores?
The investigation into the alleged gang rape of a 16-year-old girl at Ameenpur on the outskirts of Hyderabad has taken a curious twist, with the police claiming that the teenager had cooked up the sexual assault story to escape scolding for staying out with her boyfriend for long. The police said the girl’s lies unravelled after medical tests did not indicate rape.
- Sangareddy SP S Chandrashekar Reddy told the media that the girl had initially claimed that she was kidnapped by one person and taken to an isolated area, where the kidnapper and three others raped her
- But during inquires by female officers, she kept giving conflicting versions
- The girl told the police that after leaving her home, she started roaming on roads
- During this time, a biker started misbehaving with her
- The 16-year-old girl further alleged that she slapped the biker and he left the spot
- However, the biker came back later and claimed to have an obscene video of her
- The biker allegedly told the girl that he had a video of her taking a bath
- The girl told the cops that after telling her about the video, the biker asked her to accompany him
- The minor claimed that soon after this, three men arrived in a car and took her to a secluded spot
- The accused men took the 16-year-old girl behind the bushes and allegedly raped her
- The girl also told the police that the accused men sat a distance from her after raping her and kept watching her
- The 16-year-old girl further claimed that she contacted the police after the four men left the spot
ALSO READ –
Reddy said that a police team reached the spot after they were informed and rescued the girl. The teenager later told the police that the men had tried to rape her, but they fled from the spot after noticing a few vehicles moving in the area. She could not give any clues about the vehicles or her alleged attackers, making things tough for the police
- Even while the investigation was going on, the SP said, the girl was taken to the Sangareddy district hospital where a team of doctors examined her for more than an hour
- However, the doctors didn’t find any sign of rape as alleged by her
- A primary opinion given by the medical officials to the police confirmed that the girl was not raped
- The police again questioned the girl
ALSO READ –
- This time she confided in the female cops that she had willingly gone out to meet her boyfriend
- But as she had been out for a long time, she was scared that her parents might scold her
- To avoid this and in a confusion, she made up the rape story
The police are yet to officially share the updates in the case. However, there are no reports of booking the girl, leave aside any arrest.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank