You may call these as one off cases, but giving custody of children solely to divorced mothers may not be totally secure for the well-being of children.
- In a shocking incident reported from Uttar Pradesh, a four-year-old girl was allegedly killed by her stepfather after she asked for a balloon
- The family who hailed from Siddharthnagar was living in a rented house in Khuldabad
- As per the mother, her husband was out with her to buy medicines when the daughter asked for a balloon
- The step father then started beating her and when the mother tried to stop him, he pushed her off the bike and took the girl away with him
- The mother alleged that her husband then returned at around 10:30 pm and locked himself up in a room
- When she called the police in the morning, they found out that he had killed the young girl and injured himself as well
- The accused is being treated in a hospital
Brijesh Srivastav, Superintendent of Police said,
By the time police reached the spot the girl was dead and the accused was found in an injured condition. A case of murder has been registered against the accused and has been detained.
In the above case, we cannot directly blame the mother, however, this is also one of the reasons, Men’s Rights Activists insist on joint or shared parenting between biological parents, even after divorce. Both spouses will have their individual lives with their respective partners, and there will be times, when the children from earlier marriage could be looked upon as a burden by the step father.
If the behaviour of the man was such in this incident, surely the mother would have sensed signals earlier. It cannot be a spur of the moment, where the man decided to murder the child.
When it comes to child custody, Fathers stand almost zero chance of being with children. Read one such case below, where fathers are not even permitted overnight access of their own children amidst divorce battles. Biological fathers are almost looked upon as monsters/criminals, denying them moments of parenting while they indulge in never ending custody battles.
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank