Twin City Commissionerate Police on Sunday arrested five persons following allegations of rape and blackmail levelled by them respectively against each other last week. The arrested persons were identified as DGM of a private bank, a woman lecturer and her three male friends.
- The DGM of a private bank, Sunil Prasad Mishra, was arrested on charges of raping the woman on Sunday
- Besides the banker, three male friends of the woman have also been arrested in connection with the two separate cases
- It all began with a ‘match’ on Tinder between the banker and the teacher on January 2
- The two then exchanged mobile numbers the very same day
- After exchanging contact numbers on Tinder, both decided to meet the next day
- She went to Mishra’s room and they consumed liquor, had sexual intercourse
- The duo then clicked photos and made videos of their intimate moments on the banker’s mobile phone with mutual consent
- The incident took an ugly turn after Mishra alleged that the woman’s associates had kidnapped and harassed him
ALSO READ –
Ghaziabad Women Allege Fake Gang Rape To Acquire Compensation From Government; Arrested
- On January 8, the lady called and requested the man to take her to a hospital saying that she was undergoing severe headache
- While Sunil was taking her to the hospital on his motorcycle, her two associates intercepted the vehicle, thrashed him and forcibly took him to a house, where he was held captive for a day
- They took away money and debit/credit cards from his possession and also demanded Rs 5 lakh
- On the other hand, the woman accused the banker of “harassing” her besides taking her photos and recording her videos “without her consent” while she was “unconscious”
- Refuting the allegation of abduction, she said that she had sought help of a person for deleting the photos and videos from Sunil’s mobile phone
- On Tuesday, Mishra’s mother and other family members staged a dharna (protest) in front of Chandrasekharpur Police Station, alleging partiality in investigation
The banker’s mother also threatened to commit suicide if the woman wasn’t arrested. The mother questioned:
Whatever happened between them was consensual. Why the woman did not report the incident the very next day if she was raped.
ALSO READ –
Delhi Court Orders Action Against Woman For Filing False Rape Case
Chandrasekharpur Police have registered a case against the bank official under Sections 328 and 376 of IPC while the trio has been booked under Sections 365, 420, 120 (b), 379 and 34 of IPC.
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: [email protected]