Women are the biggest enemies of women and the below case from Haryana proves so once again. The police have booked two women of Balla village of Karnal district for allegedly pressurising a woman, Rakhi, of Sector 6 to commit suicide.
- Rakhi’s son Romil was studying BHM at Kurukshetra University
- A girl named Ashu of Chamaria village of Rohtak, had called on his mobile phone and told him that she was doing BA in Mor Majra Gurukul
- She then offered him friendship and later promised marriage
- Ashu told Romil that her aunt (mausi) Sarita is living in Balla village of Karnal and she was the one who had taken care of Ashu as her parents had died after her birth
- Ashu, Sarita and another woman, Poonam, started talking with Romil
- They demanded Rs 5 lakh from Romil
- When Romil conveyed the demand to his mother Rakhi, the trio started talking to her directly
- After some time, Romil’s father Somdutt gave Rs 3.2 lakh to Sarita and Poonam
- However, when Romil demanded to meet Ashu, they refused
ALSO READ –
- After a day, they received a call about Ashu having died at a hospital in Delhi
- When Romil and family went to search for her, she was not found anywhere
- After this incident, they received another call that Ashu had been cremated at Chamaria village, but once again when the boy reached there, no girl by that name was found in the village
- Sometime later, Rakhi received a call from a mobile number and the caller now demanded Rs 5 lakh again
- The caller threatened that if the money was not paid, they would trap her son Romil in a false rape case
- Following this, Rakhi committed suicide on January 11
Inspector Anil Kumar, SHO, Sector 13/17 case has been registered against the two women for allegedly pressuring a woman to commit suicide. The matter is under investigation and the accused would be nabbed accordingly, he added.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.