Domestic Violence on Men, Harassment to Men and their families is not unreal. People who mock and make jokes about Domestic Abuse of Men, should change their casual and insensitive behaviour towards society after reading the below.
An elderly couple died by suicide by consuming celphos on Hisar court premises on Monday afternoon, over a dispute with their daughter-in-law and her relatives. The deceased have been identified as 60-year-old Gyanchand and his wife, 55-year-old Kamlesh, both residents of Kheri Barki village in Hisar. A suicide note was also found from their possession, reported TOI.
According to the statement given by police, a case has been registered against the daughter-in-law of the deceased and her parents under:
- Section 306 (abetment to suicide)
- Section 34 (common intention)
…of the Indian Penal Code taking suicide note as evidence.
On Monday, Gyanchand came to the court premises with his wife Kamlesh to meet a lawyer regarding a domestic matter. They had tablets of celphos near the advocate’s chamber. Thereafter, they sat on a pavement near the Bakhshi Khana. After a while, their condition worsened and both of them started vomiting and foaming from their mouth. A passerby saw them and immediately informed the police.
Witnesses said the couple were in agony and had a water bottle near them. An ambulance was called and they were rushed to the civil hospital, from where they were referred to Agroha Medical College. Their relatives later took them to a private hospital in the city, where they died.
Court complex police post in-charge sub-inspector Pawan Kumar said that the suicide note written by the victim couple mentioned:
Their younger son was married to a woman from Patel Nagar, Hisar. Their son and daughter-in-law used to quarrel among themselves. About a month ago, relatives of the daughter-in-law came to their house and beat them up, taking her and their grandson away. Tired of their harassment, they committed suicide.
- Cases of harassment, physical violence, threats of false cases by daughter-in-laws and their families are not one off cases
- Many families of Men today, are suffering in silence due to absolute Gender Biased Laws, that only and only favour women
- Whether a woman is living in adultery while at her husband’s home, or abusing, spitting and beating her in-laws daily – she gets away as the matrimonial laws are completely rested in favour of daughter-in-laws
- Most women empowerment activists do not even entertain the plight of husband’s mothers and sisters, however, instead guide daughter-in-laws to file false cases against husband and his family, and eventually settle with big sums in the form of alimony
- Today, matrimonial laws are a dead end for most husbands and their families – some gather courage to fight, while some end their lives tragically like this
- At no point in time we are saying women don’t suffer domestic abuse, however, if we have rested every single law in favour of only gender, we as a country shall be soon doomed
Suicide Prevention Contact Details:
Men in distress due to family problems and threats of false cases can contact either of the NGOs listed here: Men Welfare Trust, MyNation Hope Foundation, Save Indian Family Foundation, Vaastav Foundation
ALSO READ –
38-Year-Old Techie Ends Life Due To Rs 50 Lakh Alimony Demand By Wife, In-laws To Settle False Cases
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.
Alternately, you can also donate to us via our UPI ID: voiceformenindia@hdfcbank