NCRB recently published its latest 2021 report on Crimes Against Women and Rajasthan has topped amongst all states with the highest crime rate in this category.
As a rebound, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday almost turned into a Men’s Rights Activist (sarcasm), where he said that the high numbers were due to compulsory registration of FIRs in every case, even though half of them later turned out to be false.
Here’s what the CM of Congress Ruled Rajasthan Said:
After facing flak for the highest number of crimes against women in his state, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot claimed 56% rape cases in Rajasthan were false.
During a programme at the Rajasthan Police Academy, the chief minister directed the director general of police to take action against those who registered false rape cases in order to discourage such a practice, reported PTI.
Gehlot pointed out how ‘rise in crime’ was directly linked to the ‘increase in registration of crime by police’ and said that these were “two different things”.
CM Praises His Home Department
Praising his state police, Gehlot, who also holds the home portfolio, said people used to hesitate to visit police stations because of the personnel’s attitude towards them, but this drastically changed during his tenure. He said,
Police stations in Rajasthan now have reception rooms and complainants are treated well.
While speaking to media, Gehlot also added,
Rajasthan Police is doing a wonderful job. The crime in Rajasthan is very less compared to other states because we have corrected that environment.
Earlier, many people did not even go inside the police station thinking it would be insulting. Now, there are reception rooms in the police stations. This is a message in itself.
The CM also urged other states to follow the policy of compulsory registration of FIRs and said,
The atmosphere is changing even inside police stations. It is a very revolutionary decision to do a compulsory FIR. These revolutionary steps should be done in every state.
BJP & NCW React
BJP has hit back at Gehlot, accusing him of mocking the rape victims and demanded his apology. NCW Chairperson Rekha Sharma on the other hand claimed that Gehlot was in denial over the NCRB data.
Our Earlier 2020 Tweet On UP CM Yogi Adityanath Pointing Out Exactly The Same —- Politics!!
Dear @sharmarekha ma'am
Menace of #FalseRape cases hv also been acknowledged by UP CM himself. Instead of analysing how false complaints are worst for real victims, u choose to look away
— Voice For Men India (@voiceformenind) December 13, 2020
- We will refrain from making this political, just like all who like to make it Congress Vs BJP
- The crux of the matter is that there is surely a difference between cases “registered” Vs “conviction” or “acquittal” – Read our last year’s analysis on the same
- Post the very unfortunate Nirbhaya case in 2012, it is mandatory for police to register an FIR on a mere complaint by the woman
- In most cases, even a medical is not done and the matter goes for trial
- While VFMI stands up for the Men, we do not at any juncture, mock and trivialise genuine cases where women face such heinous crimes
- However, it is also important for the state to take stern action against any woman, where the case turns out to be false and motivated due to personal rivalry or other reasons
- It is not just Ashok Gehlot who is now crying foul – on an earlier occasion, UP CM Yogi Adityanath too had instructed his police department to take action against false cases by women
- Sadly, all governments use issues related to women as political opportunism and rarely work in a direction to showcase real picture on ground – which does have another side of false rape reporting
WATCH ASHOK GEHLOT’S STATEMENT ON FALSE RAPE CASES & LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS BELOW:
"56% Rape Cases Are False" | Rajasthan CM @ashokgehlot51 After His State Topped Crimes Against Women In NCRB 2021 Report
▪️Gehlot: "Rise in Crime directly linked to 'Increase in Registration'…Have directed DGP to take action against those who register #FalseRape Cases"
— Voice For Men India (@voiceformenind) September 6, 2022
HERE’S A VIDEO STATEMENT FROM RAJASTHAN DGP SOMETIME AGO ON FALSE RAPE CASES:
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.